Return to Headlines
Announcing....2018-2019 School District Goals!
Student Learning and Development (Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Development)
- The Washington Township School District believes that all children should have equal access to a content-rich, real-world curricula that challenges student thinking, emphasizes transfer of knowledge, and maximizes student growth. For the 2018-2019 school year, WTS will strengthen the design and delivery of curricula in the content areas of English/Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies via processes that reflect collaborative development, collegial articulation, formative assessment, and professional learning.
- Washington Township School District recognizes that each child is a unique learner and deserves a focused and individual instruction at every level. The Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) accounts for this type of instruction. For the 2018-19 school year, WTS will have a progressed implementation of the MTSS framework relying on student driven data and differentiated instructional practices to ensure student academic growth in the area of literacy K-8.
- The Washington Township School District believes that successful technology integration includes preparing students for life-long learning within the 21st Century world of digital information.For the 2018-2019 school year, the Long Valley Middle School will plan for and implement a personal learning device initiative as a gateway for authentic, learner-driven activities that align with content area standards and use digital tools and resources to maximize active, deep learning.
School Operations (Finance and Facilities)
- The Washington Township School District believes in providing rich and varied program opportunities for students and staff alike and, to that end, will develop a school budget for the 2019-2020 school year that reflects this belief while accounting for projected decreases in State funding as forecasted by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- The Washington Township School District believes in establishing and maintaining school facilities that reflect the District’s commitment to safety, cleanliness, and quality maintenance. For the 2018-2019 school year, the District will further refine its cleaning protocols and effect additional enhancements to the overall security infrastructure.
Board of Education Adoption Date: September 11, 2018