The School Counselor: Washington Township Schools’ school counselors are vital members of the district’s education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement and personal/social development, ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. Our school counselors play a vital role in promoting a positive school climate, working closely with faculty and families to support student success through a developmental, child-centered approach. School counselors' duties are focused on the overall delivery of the total program through guidance curriculum, individual student planning and responsive services.
The School Counseling Program Mission: The overarching mission of the school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive guidance program that will assist all students in acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to be successful students, responsible and productive citizens, and become lifelong learners. The program provides an atmosphere in which the dignity, culture, and social/emotional needs of every student are valued and one in which mutual respect and individuality are practiced.
School Counseling Beliefs:
- The school counselors will advocate for the entire community of learners.
- The dignity, culture, and social/emotional needs of every student are to be respected and valued.
- Our schools provide a positive environment where mutual respect and individual responsibility are practiced.
- All students, regardless of their diverse learning abilities, can learn and achieve to their maximum potentials.
- All students can achieve and deserve equitable access to resources and a rich curriculum.
- The school counselors will collaborate with families, staff, and community resources to address student developmental needs, primary prevention, and continuous student achievement.
- The school counselors adhere to the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
Meet Our School Counseling Team: