District Goals 2017-2018
~ WTS DISTRICT GOALS ~
2017-2018 School Year
Focus Area 1:
Student Learning & Development: Curriculum, Instruction & Professional Development
- Provide a wide-ranging system of curricular supports consisting of benchmarks, grade level expectations, interventions, curriculum, teacher professional development, and assessments to best ensure academic rigor and challenge for ALL
- Implement newly revised curricula, the K-5 Next Generation Science Standards/New Jersey Student Learning Standards (NGSS/NJSLS) Science Curriculum and the K-8 English/Language Arts Curriculum, and ensure effective delivery via professional articulation/feedback, formal/informal observation of practice, professional development, benchmark assessments, and quality lesson design.
- In recognizing that social and emotional learning is essential to academic success, the Washington Township Schools will feature educational programs and activities that support character education, positive school culture, and civic-mindedness.
- Afford students opportunities for civic engagement that serve to equip and empower them to contribute positively to the local and greater community.
- Continue district efforts to align and standardize special education practices and programming with a strong emphasis on promoting individual student success and independence within the least restrictive environment.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for faculty to engage in quality professional development reflective of the district’s Professional Development Plan, District goals, and the individual needs of faculty and staff.
Focus Area 2:
Communications & Articulation
- Cultivate opportunities for meaningful K-8 and K-12 professional program articulation for the benefit of furthering the coordination of student programming and services.
- Ensure an ongoing, coordinated communications effort designed to foster awareness, understanding, and participation on the part parents and community members regarding the Washington Township Schools.
Focus Area 3:
Operations (Finance & Facilities)
- Develop a school budget for the forthcoming year that reflects a strong commitment to student programming/services and fiscal responsibility while reflecting current trends in student enrollment.
- Explore and vet concepts that may further enhance overall operational efficiency related to the comprehensive management of school district procedures and operations.
- Continue to ensure that all school facilities and grounds reflect the District’s commitment to safety, cleanliness, and quality maintenance.
Superintendent of Schools
Board of Education Approved: September 12, 2017